Tuesday, June 23, 2009

June 2009: Mina in Belgrade, Serbia

When it comes to street art press in Europe, the western countries dominate the airtime. Germany, England, France, and the Netherlands all have burgeoning street art scenes bursting with artists. However, more Eastern European artists are joining the party every day. With such a wellspring of creativity, the former Soviet bloc is definitely worth looking into. If they're all as sweet as Serbian artist Mina, I welcome the opportunity. While she's a bit shy in the story department, her graphics are big and bold. She writes:

"Hi, my name is Mina. :)"
"I went to high school for design. Now I study graphic design in Belgrade, Serbia, at the Faculty of Art and Design."
"I love art, illustration, drawing, characters, and toy design."
"I really enjoy creating art and making a world from my own imagination wherever I go. Thank you!"
You're welcome, Mina! You're the best. Thanks for being such a good sport. For more on Mina, check out her MySpace.

No comments:

Post a Comment