Monday, November 2, 2009

In The Headlines

Well, a weekend of awesomeness has taken its toll. I thought I was kicking it, so I did everything: pounded preemptive vitamin C, ate extra garlic, even gargling with mouthwash. All to no avail: I'm sick. If I haven't responded to your e-mail, I promise I'm getting to it. While I grab the DayQuil, you can check out these headlines. (I promise I didn't sneeze on them.)
The Italian magazine Ziguline compiled a selection of prints from the country's street artists. Here's one; but you can catch them all on their website.

Tel Aviv welcomes British artist Ame72 for his solo show featuring Legos galore.

British artist Boyd Hill traveled to Abu Dhabi to teach university students the basics of mural and aerosol art.

Erik Drooker's posters popped up around Bryn Mawr's campus this week. The artist was on campus to discuss the connection between street art and graphic narratives.

In Paris, Nukod organized a live painting exhibition featuring Pez. The event runs from November 4 at 2 pm to November 5 at 5 pm. For more information, visit Le Palais de Tokyo's website.

Omino interviewed Zilda on the blogs.

Wired Magazine recently interviewed Spy, dubbing him "the Spanish Banksy."

I hope Indonesian artist Hanan moves from the wooden block to the street. Feeling too limited by canvas, he stretches his imagination on countless other materials.

If you're in Beijing, check out Jon Burgerman's show "Economies of Scale."

Oliver Vernon made over an alley in Northwest DC.
Finally, here are my critters from last week. Hopefully, they made it to Tel Aviv today. I can't wait to see where they go up!

No comments:

Post a Comment