Thursday, December 3, 2009

November 2009: Richt in Bristol

The weather's getting colder in this hemisphere, but fortunately Bristol-based artist Richt knows how to paint inside and out. If you flip through his Flickr, you'll see some amazing commissions in a variety of locations. (The holidays are coming, man, and I sure could use a mural in my place. Just sayin'.) However, he also likes to paint en plein air. He writes:
"If I paint in the street, I usually paint with 45rpm, who is also based in Bristol, and Sums. Both of them are in my crew called 'WHAT'. I think I started in 2001."
"Practice makes perfect: years of sketchbook development and a lot of time trying to perfect my lines helped me get better."
"I love painting anywhere where I get a lot of time and space to concentrate. I don't like painting in the same places all the time."
"One time, I painted in an abandoned building which had some people living in it. One had a metal bar and was really pissed off. They also had a designated room for shitting. Me and RPM were also once forced to put up the names of a guy's mates who were in prison. We threw their names up on the wall; that was fun."
"I am going to Amsterdam in December to paint a store inside and out. I also have an upcoming exhibition in Barcelona next year."

Thanks, Richt! Good luck with the trip and the show. For more updates, check his website or peep his Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment