Thursday, July 9, 2009

FRESH PAINT: Os Gêmeos on Houston

Normally, I don't post twice in one day. It's just me over here at Illicit, so one is usually all I have in me. But when Will texted me today, I felt compelled to double dose it. While he was out on Houston, he found some guys painting over the Keith Haring mural.

Turns out those guys are the dynamic duo Os Gêmeos. I was ready to run out of the building and across the Williamsburg Bridge when I heard the news. Will writes:
"I saw this on the northwest corner of East Houston and Bowery St. The state made the building owner paint over the previous mural which honored Keith Haring and said the twins could paint it."
"Apparently, the twins also have some murals in Coney Island, and some work up with the 'Deitch Project' Galleries in SoHo, or the Lower East Side (I'm not the best interviewer; I have a bad memory)."
"I'll take a picture with my wide angle from across the street when they're done, but I'm sure you'll get to it before I do."
I'm lacing up my running shoes right now. Will, you are the best interviewer ever because you are at the right place at the right time! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment