Thursday, October 29, 2009

October 2009: Stencils in Storrs, CT

I love going to visit my sister at UConn. Maybe it's because we're always ridiculous when we get together or perhaps it's because I miss the atmosphere (all those 18-22 year-olds crammed into one place). At any rate, I never expected to find stencils on campus. Storrs is even quieter than my hometown, but someone's been busy. Here's a taste of what I found.
Apparently, "deception promotes cross-pollination." Who knew? I wonder if this person has seen Ludo's robotic flora.
We found this owl watching us from afar. I zoomed in close to get a better look.
This stencil was located on a bench outside an academic building. Who knew Venus was born on concrete?
Finally, this umbrella sits just outside my sister's door. I saw it on move-in day but came back later to photograph it. Are they all by the same person? Can anyone offer some insight? Drop me a note or leave a comment and I'll get back to you. Tonight, I'll pull together the ProFile as I put the finishing touches on my Halloween costume. I promise photos and stories in the near future.

2 comments:

  1. whats that an owl and a hobgoblin mixed...scary face

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i don't really know what's going on there. all i know is i'd be a little creeped out if it was watching me from a tree.

    ReplyDelete