Tuesday, February 2, 2010

January 2010: El Euro in Vercelli

You don't have to live in a major metropolitan area to get down with street art. Sometimes, it's the delicate details of quieter spaces that inspire the most creativity. Such is the case for El Euro. He may live in a small Italian city, but he dreams big. Today, he shares a few photos and reminisces about the journey. He writes:
"13 years ago, I started to do graffiti with letters and characters. In 2000, I moved on and started to do stickers and pastes to experiment with new forms of street communication."
"Usually I go to paint alone, but I like also going to paint with some friends and interact with others."
"I start with some really simple punk characters. During this time, I take a look at other illustrations and art. I always try to do something different and better."
"I really like painting in the countryside, neighborhoods, and fields. I really love painting on old factories from the early 1900s, but I like trains, too. Right now, I'm working with fractals."
"One time when I was painting, I met some wild boar near a river inside Genova. That was pretty crazy!"

Thanks, El Euro! For more photos of his work, visit his Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment