Thursday, March 11, 2010

January 2010: Macaaa in Hackney

I'm a paper-hoarding fiend. Every time I pass a table with fliers, brochures, or postcards, I have to put at least one of each in my bag. At my house, I fill boxes with these seemingly useless items. They wait patiently for my return, dreaming of the day when I'll use them for something. Clearly, I haven't been thinking as creatively as Macaaa. With his uncanny collaging skills, I bet he could turn my boxes of refuse into something beautiful. He writes:

"I started it in 2005 back home in Santiago, Chile. Now I live in Hackney, so most of my work is between Brick Lane and London Fields.""I work by myself, but whenever I need some extra help, my friend Alina always help me with my pasting."
"As I come from a fine art background, collage has always been my first motivation. The media can change (a wall, a sketchbook, etc.), but the papers are always my main source."
"Lots of strange things happen when you're out in the streets! I love when drunk homeless people direct me on my pasting, as if I were truly going to take their advice."
"I'm working on a surf wall for a Brazilian friend and I finished some Valentine's posters that I pasted near my new home after Valentine's Day."

Thanks, Maca! For more colorful collages, visit his Flickr.

2 comments:

  1. We have been seeing these around Hackney and was wondering who was doing them. Cheers

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/invisiblemadevisible/4418136172/

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool, man! glad i could help!

    ReplyDelete